How to Make a Peach Cosmopolitan
Peach Cosmopolitan is a variation of the classic or traditional cosmopolitan. The difference between the two is the much more predominant peach flavor in this cocktail rather than the fruity citrus taste of the cosmo.
As the traditional cosmo, the peach cosmopolitan is also a fruity cocktail rather than a martini, though it is usually served in a martini glass.
- 2 shots of Vodka
- 1 shot of the Peach Schnapps
- 1 shot of the Peach juice or nectar (or Cranberry juice)
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Add ice cubes into a martini or cocktail shaker
- Add vodka, peach schnapps and peach juice into the shaker
- Shake well to mix the ingredients
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry
Peach Cosmopolitan is also served as a high ball drink, especially in the summer. Pour the drink into a high Collins glass over ice.
You can substitute Vodka with Citron Vodka for a more citrus taste. You may also add a dash of the lime juice for similar taste.
Cranberry juice, as in the classic cosmo, can also used instead of the Peach juice to reduce the peach flavor.
You can also use a lemon twist instead of the cherry as a garnish.
Cosmopolitan: The classic cosmo is made with cranberry juice and triple sec.
Metropolitan: Metropolitan is actually a variation of the classic cosmopolitan rather than the peach cosmopolitan, but with Kurant Vodka instead of citron vodka.