Mudslide is a popular cocktail that is usually served as an after dinner drink. It is similar along the lines to either the White Russian or a Black Russian drink. There are several mudslide drink recipes that have evolved over the years with slight variations in ingredients, such as with or with out the vodka or the cream.
The Mudslide drink can be served in a variety of different ways. It can be served in a highball glass over ice or in an old fashioned glass over ice. It may also served as a martini in a cocktail or martini glass (obviously not on ice).
Another version of the Mudslide, popularly known as the frozen mudslide is served by blending the ingredients with ice cream.
- 1 part of Vodka
- 1 part Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- 1 part Bailey Irish Cream
- 2 part Heavy Cream
- Add ice cubes into a cocktail shaker
- Add vodka into the shaker
- Add Kahlua into the shaker
- Add Bailey’s Cream into the shaker
- Add heavy cream into the shaker
- Shake well to mix all ingredients very well
- Fill a Collins or a tall glass with ice
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the Collins glass over ice
If you like to have the drink as a martini, strain the contents of the shaker into a Martini glass with out the ice.
- Though Kahlua is the preferred choice for coffee liqueur, you could use other coffee liqueurs such as Tia Maria.
- When served as a martini, you can optionally top it off with whipped cream drizzled with chocolate syrup.
- If you want to make the drink look better, you can swirl the chilled glass with chocolate syrup and top the drink with a maraschino cherry over whipped cream.
- Frozen Mudslides: Blend all the above ingredients along with crushed ice in a blender and pour into a large chilled glass. If you like it as an ice cream drink, then add 2 scoops of the vanilla ice cream while blending.
- A variation of this drink that also known as mudslide is made with rum instead of the vodka.
- You can use milk instead of the cream if you prefer a lower calorie version of the Midslide.