As with most other drinks, there are at least a couple of different variations of the Absinthe Minded Martini. This is the variation that I like the best and I believe is a original recipe. This is a delicious drink which brings out the taste of absinthe even for non-absinthe drinkers.
The drink is creamy and slightly on the sweet side, but by no means sweet. The Absinthe and the Cointreau give it an unique flavor and taste.
- 2 shots of Vodka
- 1 shot of Crème de cacao
- 1 shot of Cointreau
- Dash of Absinthe
- A Cherry or an Orange peel for garnish
- Put ice cubes into a martini shaker
- Pour 2 shots of your favorite Vodka into the shaker
- Add a shot of the Crème de Cacao
- Add a shot of the Cointreau
- Shake all the ingredients about 5 to 10 times
- Put a dash of the absinthe into a chilled martini glass and swirl it around so that the glass is thickly coated. Empty the excess absinthe from the glass.
- Strain the content of the shaker into the chilled glass
- Garnish with a cherry
Tips and Notes
- Absinthe is a very strong liquorice tasting liqueur so go easy on it. A big dash of it should be plenty enough.
- You could substitute Grand Marnier instead of the Cointreau but strongly recommend Cointreau as a mixer.
- You can also use an orange peel for garnish instead of the cherry.
- Make sure to chill the martini glass before starting on the preparation.
- A shot is usually about 1.5 ounces. Your shot glass size size may vary, but it should be find as long as you keep the proportions correct.
- There are several other variations of the Absinthe Minded martini, which usually does not include the cacao. And an absinthe martini is different than an absinthe minded martini.