How to Make a Kahlua Espresso Martini
Kahlua Espresso Martini which is also known as the Espresso martini is a sweet martini with a coffee flavor. The ingredient that makes this drink is the presence of an actual shot of espresso along with the coffee liqueur. It is mostly served as an after-dinner drink or a dessert drink. This is a perfect combination of alcohol and coffee with a sweetness to boot.
It works well with a rich chocolate dessert like the chocolate cake. This cocktail is always shaken and served with a little froth on top.
- 1.5 shots of Vodka
- 1.5 shots of Kahlua
- 1 shot of Creme de Cacao
- 1 shot of espresso
- Couple of coffee beans for garnish
- Add ice cubes into cocktail shaker
- Add one and a half shots of Vodka into the shaker
- Add equal amount of Kahlua or other coffee liqueur into the shaker
- Add one shot of Creme de Cacao into the shaker
- Add a shot of the espresso (preferably chilled) into the shaker
- Shake well for a few minutes
- Strain into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with coffee beans
Creme de Cacao adds a richness to the drink, but is optional.
Shake well to create a froth which can then be strained into the martini glass.
You could also use Tia Maria or another coffee liquor if Kahlua is not available.
You may chill the espresso beforehand, but is not necessary.
Espresso Martini: Creme de Cacao is optional in this recipe
Espresso Grand Martini: Subtitute Creme de Cacao with Grand Marnier
Another variation of the kahlua expresso martini substitutes Creme de Cacao with Baileys Irish Cream