How to Make a Black Rose Cocktail Drink
The Black Rose cocktail is a whiskey drink that is made with bourbon. This is a variation of the much more popular and classic Sazerac drink. There are quite a few drinks with the name of Black Rose, many of which are not variations of this recipe but are completely different drinks.
- 2 shots of Bourbon
- 2 dashes of Grenadine
- 2 dashes of Peychaud’s bitters
- Lemon peel to garnish
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice, about three-fourth of the glass
- Add 2 shots of Bourbon Whiskey
- Add 2 generous dashes of the grenadine
- Add 2 dashes of the Peychaud’s bitters
- Stir with a long bar spoon to mix well.
- Garnish with a twisted lemon peel
Being a simple drink, the black rose cocktail does not have much variations.
Sazerac can be viewed as a variation of this drink recipe.
Grenadine is the sweetener in this recipe. You can increase or decrease the proportion of grenadine to suite your taste.