Mozilla Firefox has several options to configure the start or homepage in the browser. The homepage button allows you to easily go to a specific webpage or URL. This is probably a website that you visit very often and is also your start page.
There are a couple of different ways to set the homepage in the browser. You can use the drag and drop method to quickly set a single page or URL as the home page or use the preferences dialog to do the same.
Drag and Drop
- Open the website in a browser tab.
- Drag the URL of the website on to the Home icon or button in the toolbar
Preferences or Settings
- Open the Preferences tab by clicking on the Preferences button in the drop down menu (or URL about:preferences)
- Click on the General tab in the left hand menu
- Under Startup section in the right hand size, you will find the Home Page options
- Select Show your Home Page as the option in When Firefox starts field
- Enter the URL you want to open as home page in the Home Page text field
The Home Page field in the dialog supports single URL as well as multiple URLs. You can specify multiple URLs by separating them with the pipe (|) character between them.
Addons or Plugins or Extensions
There are also several different addons available that lets you customize your homepage. A simple search of the firefox addons will show you several different options. Some of the popular addons are Speed Dial, New Tab Homepage and Speed Dial [FVD]. You can use one of these addons to further customize your start page.
Now when you click on the home page icon in the toolbar, it will open the specified webpage or URL in the tab. You can also specify more than one URL as your homepage, and each of them will open in a different tab.
To set multiple pages as homepage, you can specify multiple URLs separated by a pipe (|) in the Home Page field. Refer to the screenshot above for an example of how this can be done.