You might already be familiar with the Manhattan cocktail martini. The Tijuana Manhattan is a variation of the traditional Manhattan, where the base spirit Rye Whiskey is replaced with Anejo Tequila.
The traditional Manhattan is a classic drink that has a lot of variations. Most variations of the drink is made with substituting the base spirit which is Whiskey in Manhattan to another base spirit. The Tijuana Manhattan uses Tequila as the base.
Always use a good quality 100% agave Tequila. This drink is also known as Tequila Manhattan.
- 3 shots of Anejo Tequila
- 1 shot of Sweet Vermouth
- Couple of dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Add ice cubes into a martini shaker
- Add 3 shots of Anejo Tequila into the shaker
- Add 1 shot of Sweet Vermouth into the shaker
- Shake the contents of the shaker well
- Pour couple of dashes of the bitters into a chilled martini glass
- Swirl the bitters around the glass to evenly coat the sides
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the martini glass
Variations and Similar Drinks
Manhattan: This drink is a variation of the traditional Manhattan. Substitute the tequila in this recipe with Rye Whiskey
Brandy Manhattan: Use Brandy as the base spirit in lieu of the Tequila in this recipe
Rob Roy or Scotch Manhattan: Use Scotch Whiskey instead of Tequila to get the Rob Roy Martini.
Tips and Notes
- You should always use a good quality Anejo Tequila which is 100% agave.
- You could use Peychaud Bitters instead of the Angostura Bitters. You could experiment with different types of bitters to see if you like it any better
- Different types of bitters will change the overall flavor of the drink slightly.
- Most people add bitters into the shaker and shake it with the other ingredients. You could do that as well.