The Peach Cosmopolitan as the name suggests is a variation of the classic or traditional cosmopolitan. The difference between the two is the much more predominant peach flavor in this cocktail rather than the fruity citrus taste of the cosmopolitan.
As the traditional cosmo, the peach cosmopolitan is a fruity cocktail rather than a martini, though it is usually served in a martini glass. However, the drink uses Vodka as the base spirit instead of the Citron Vodka used in the Cosmopolitan. The other ingredients are peach flavored, such as the Peach Schnapps and peach juice.
- 2 shots of Vodka
- 1 shot of the Peach Schnapps
- 1 shot of the Peach juice or nectar (or Cranberry juice)
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Add ice cubes into a martini or cocktail shaker
- Add 2 shots of vodka into the shaker
- Add a shot of the Peach Schnapps into the shaker
- Add a shot of the peach juice into the shaker
- Shake well to mix the ingredients
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry
Variations and Similar Drinks
Cosmopolitan: The classic cosmo is made with Cranberry juice and Triple Sec instead of the Peach Schnapps and Peach Juice.
Metropolitan: Metropolitan is actually a variation of the classic cosmopolitan rather than the Peach Cosmopolitan. The drink uses Kurant Vodka instead of Citron vodka in Cosmo.
Tips & Notes
- Peach Cosmopolitan is also served as a highball drink, especially in the summer. Pour the drink into a high Collins glass over ice.
- You can substitute Vodka with Citron Vodka for a more citrus-y taste. You may also add a dash of the lime juice for similar tartness.
- Cranberry juice, as in the classic cosmo can also used instead of the Peach juice to reduce the peach flavor.
- You can also use a lemon twist instead of the cherry as a garnish.