Jack and Coke is a very simple highball drink made with Jack Daniels Whiskey and Coca Cola. It is referred to by various names in different parts of the world, such as J.D and Coke, Whiskey Cola or just Whiskey and Cola. The drink is almost always served on ice in highball or Collins glass. Optionally you could also serve in an old-fashioned glass.
It is probably one of the easiest cocktails to make. The drink contains contains just two major ingredients. As the name suggests, the ingredients are highly brand specific and is usually not substituted.
The drink is along the same lines as a Vodka and Tonic or the Gin and Tonic. Other variations of the drink include Bourbon and Coke and Crown and Coke, all which is a different whiskey as the base spirit.
- 2 shots Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 4 shots Coca Cola
- Lime Wedge for Garnish (Optional)
- Fill a Collins glass with ice cubes
- Add 2 shots of Jack Daniels Whiskey into the glass
- Add 4 shots of Coca Cola or just enough to top of the glass with Cola
- Stir with a long spoon or a stirrer
- Add a lime wedge for garnish
Tips & Notes
- The two main ingredients can be mixed in almost any proportions depending on your personal taste, just like Gin and Tonic or the Vodka and Tonic.
- The most commonly used proportions are 1:1, 1:2 or 1:4. The Cola is always the higher proportioned ingredient. It basically depends on your taste tolerance for the Whiskey.
- You can substitute Coca Cola with Diet Coca Cola, in order to reduce on the calorie count. The calorie count in this recipe is around 200 calories: the two shots of Jack Daniels is roughly 128 calories while 4 shots of cola are about 72 calories. As most of the calories come from the whiskey, a diet cola will only reduce the calories by a small percentage.