Appletini or the Apple Martini is a fresh tasting cocktail made with vodka and one or more of the apple flavored juices or liqueurs. The liquors that are commonly found is apple brandy, apple schnapps or any kind of apple flavored liqueurs. You can also use apple juice or apple cider with this drink.
There are quite a few variations of this cocktail because of the various ingredients that can be substituted.
- 3 shots of Grey Goose Vodka
- 1 shot of Apple Schnapps or Calvados
- 1 shot of Cointreau
- Green Apple slice for Garnish
- Add ice cubes to a cocktail shaker
- Add vodka, apple schnapps and Cointreau into the shaker
- Shake to mix well
- Strain the content of the shaker into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a green apple slice
A common variation of the Appletini is the Rumpletini, which uses Light Rum in place of the vodka.
Sour Apple Martini : Splash of Lime Juice instead of Cointreau
Classic Apple Martini : Splash of Dry Vermouth instead of Cointreau
Pine-Apple Martini : 1/2 shot of pineapple juice instead of Cointreau
- You may use Apple Juice or Apple Cider instead of the Cointreau in the drink.
- You can also substitute the Cointreau with Sweet and Sour Mix to get a more tart taste.
- Apple slice can oxidize and turn brown when used as the garnish. Keep the slice dipped in a bowl of 7-up or sprite to prevent oxidation.
- Increase the amount of schnapps or apple syrup to get it even more green….
- Instead of using a slice you can also cut up apple in even squares and skewer it and use it as a garnish
- You can also use Smirnoff Green Apple Vodka instead of Grey Goose vodka
- If this is to be served as a summer drink, then serve it in a tall glass with ice and top of the glass with Lemon-lime soda.