Voilette Vesper is a variation of the traditional Vesper Martini. The original Vesper martini, as made famous by 007 and the variation called Vesper Lynd martini can both be considered a variation of this.
The difference between the recipes is that Creme de Violette is substituted for Lillet Blanc.
- 3 shots of Hendricks Gin
- 1 shots of Grey Goose Vodka
- 1/2 shot of Creme de Violette
- A thinly sliced lemon peel for garnish (or a candied Violet)
- Add ice cubes to the martini shaker
- Add 3 shots of Gin into the shaker
- Add 1 shots of the Vodka into the shaker
- Add half a shot of the Creme de Violette to the martini shaker
- Shake all the ingredients to mix well
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a lemon peel or candied violet
Variations and Similar Drinks
Vesper Martini: The original “James Bond” Vesper Martini.
Vesper Lynd Martini: An original variation of mine that uses equal parts of Gin and Vodka.
This drink needs to be shaken rather than stirred.
You can also try with equal parts of Gin and Vodka rather than the 3 to 1 ratio in the recipe.
Try with candied violet as a garnish instead of the lemon peel.