Sweet Martini is a drink made with Gin (or vodka) and sweet vermouth. The drink takes its name because of the sweet vermouth used instead of the dry vermouth in a classic martini, hence it is also known as the Sweet Vermouth Martini. It is an easy drink to make in that it has only two major ingredients.
- 3 shots of Gin
- 1 shot of Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
- Dash of Orange Bitters
- Orange Twist for garnish
- Put ice cubes into a martini shaker
- Pour three shots of your favorite Gin into the shaker
- Add a generous shot of Sweet Vermouth
- Shake the ingredients about 5-10 times
- Put a generous dash of orange bitters into a chilled martini glass and swirl it around
- Strain the contents of the martini shaker into the chilled glass
- Garnish with a orange twist
Tips & Notes
You can use any sweet vermouth though i prefer Martini & Rossi. Other sweet vermouth brands include Noilly Prat and Cinzano.
You can also substitute Gin with Vodka, but Gin is preferred for its herbal taste.
A shot is usually about 1.5 ounces.