A Pine-Apple martini is a variation of the Appletini and the Classic Apple Martini. The major difference between the drinks is the pineapple juice. The pineapple juice in this recipe adds a fruitier flavor to the drink when compared to the traditional Appletini drink.
The drink is cleverly named as Pine-Apple martini and is different from a Pineapple martini, where the major ingredient and flavor is usually the pineapple. The drink is usually garnished with an apple slice, but you could get creative and use a pineapple slice instead.
The main flavor of the Pine-Apple Martini is still the apple, and the pineapple juice or flavor is mainly to enhance the flavor of the apple. You could use either the Calvados or Apple Schnapps as the ingredient, just as with the Appletini or Classic Apple Martini.
- 3 shots of Vodka
- 1 shot of Apple Schnapps or Calvados
- 1/2 shot of Pineapple Juice
- An apple slice to garnish
- Add ice cubes into a martini/cocktail shaker
- Add 3 shots of Vodka into the shaker
- Add a shot of Calvados or Apple Schnapps into the shaker
- Add a shot of pineapple juice into the shaker
- Shake well to mix the ingredients
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a Apple slice or twist
Variations and Similar Drinks
Appletini or Apple Martini: Substitute the pineapple juice in the recipe with half a shot of Cointreau. Cointreau is an orange flavored liqueur.
Classic Apple Martini: Use 1/2 shot of dry vermouth instead of the pineapple juice.
Sour Apple Martini: Substitute the pineapple juice with a shot of the lemon or lime juice.
Tips and Notes
- You could use an apple peel or a pineapple slice as garnish instead of the apple slice
- Use apple schnapps instead of the Calvados if you want to create a light chartreuse color for the drink. You can experiment with slightly different proportions of Apple schnapps and pineapple juice to create the desired hue.
- You could increase the proportion of the pineapple juice to about a shot if you like the drink to be sweeter and fruitier.
- In my opinion, the Calvados gives the drink a much better taste than the Apple Schnapps.
- Try to to use fresh pineapple juice if possible. This gives the drink an added freshness.